May 8, 2013

“A Time to Weep and a Time to Laugh”

 DSC_0251

These past few weeks have been filled with tears of sorrow and tears of joy.  The time is coming for me to return to the states and I feel that my heart is being ripped in all sorts of directions.  Part of me is rejoicing to be able to see my friends and family back in the states, but another part is desiring to stay here among these amazing people to serve them and love on them.  Slowly I am giving this transition to the Lord to keepDSC_0265 my heart right where He needs it to be for His glory.  God is constantly reminding me that He is in control and that this school, these people, are just as much in His heart as they are mine.  It is a challenge for me to let go and truly trust God to continue what He started through me, without me.  For over two years I have been blessed to be a large part of God displaying His love for His people in Mukamba.  God has opened my heart to so many mothers, children, fathers, grandmothers, brothers, and sisters.  He has graced me with compassion for those around me, blessed me with a glimpse into His heart for these Tonga children.  I have grown to think of this place as home and these people as my family.  It is truly an act of faith for me to move away and trust God to continue the school, the relationships, the Bible studies, the Sunday school, the English classes, the tutoring, girls night, and so much more.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that God will continue to move mountains and crush the enemy:

“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ.” 

~ Philippians 1:6 

DSC_0302

Needless to say, I was overwhelmed by  a surprise going away party at the orphanage with MOL and the rest of the community.  So many thankful parents and children showed up to show how much they appreciated God for sending me and for the many things He accomplished through me.  The men in the village spoke DSC_0299very highly of a God who loved them very much to give their children such an amazing school, where their children are learning English and so many other important things.  They spoke of the character of God, how He is filled with grace and love to have a teacher that cared so much for them and their children.  They begged that God will bring me back one day to continue the school project in Mukamba!!!  My eyes were filled with tears of joy hearing how God had been revealing Himself through the school and the other ministries He called me to!  I realized in that moment that the school, the eye glasses, the holiday programs, the Sunday school lessons, the teachers, the Bible studies, the English classes, the hours of tutoring, the runs to town, the relationships formed, the dinners that were cooked, the bricks that were laid, the smiles, the laughter, the heartache, the tears, the healing, the miracles…they were all for one thing, for His Glory!!

“For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.  To Him be glory forever.”

~ Romans 11:36

DSC_02622\

“The Rock!  His work is perfect, for his ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He,” 

~ Deuteronomy 32:4

No comments:

Post a Comment