January 21, 2013

Packing, Preparations, and Presentations

 

The remaining time I had left in Maryland was too short for all that needed to get done.  Since the majority of my time in the states was spent visiting family, I didn’t have as much time as I would have liked for support raising, presentations, and collecting donations.  In the short week I had to get get everything together, God provided a couple opportunities to share about all that He has been doing over here and passions He has put in the community (and MOL) as projects for this coming year. 

DSCN1609 

I got to share at Grace Baptist Church, and a few preschool classes in Woodbridge, Virginia.  GBC was so wonderful to give me some time to show pictures and briefly talk about the progress of the school and the hope for it this year as we turn it over to the local teachers.  In Virginia, we were able to share about the school and the desire to build a primary school for the children who complete the preschool and need somewhere else to go.  We are selling t-shirts as a fundraiser and this school has graciously partnered with us to send home forms with children giving their families an opportunity to be a part of it.  

DSCN1611     Even with my lack of time and funds, God graciously provided many wonderful people to help out and I was able to fill three suitcases of supplies to bring over for the school to fill the two new additions.  After packing and re-packing for several days, I finally was able to get everything packed and in each suitcase within its weight allotment for the airlines.  What a glorious moment!!

     I greatly enjoyed the time God gave me in the states to visit with family and friends.  I know I was not able to see everyone I would have liked to see, but hopefully when I move back later this year, I will be able to catch up with everyone!!  Thank you to everyone who gave of their personal time to help gather supplies, organize presentations, deliver donations, and to everyone who gave an ear to listen to all that God had done over this past year in and through me…The school would not be what it is right now if it weren’t for each and every one of you and I would not be who I am right now without the footprint each of you have left on my heart!!  Thank you again!!

 

“But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere.” 

2 Corinthians 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment