October 18, 2012

A Sheep Named “Biscuit”

 

DSC_0022

For those of you who have been following along with some of the studies of the children, we have just finished our study on animals.  For the final project, the children had to collaborate on an animal that all four classes could build out of recyclable materials we have in the classroom.  Of all the animals the children have learned about, they decided they wanted to make a sheep (imbellele).  From that point we provided the children with many materials they could use to make this sheep, at first some of the children were skeptical that we could make such a big sheep (life size), but others were adamant that we could, so we pressed forward.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The two older classes too charge of creating the frame of the sheep, while the youngers ones started putting its wool on and the older ones finished Biscuit… 

 DSC_0109

After about a week and a half of building the sheep, the children thought about something that grows in their fields that looks like the “fur” of the sheep…”COTTON”.  Luckily for us, the transport trucks leave behind a lot of cotton in the trees when they are driving out of the bush with their loads.  The children gathered more cotton than we needed to get this sheep looking like he does.  They worked very hard and really enjoyed finding a name for their new friend.  I hope you enjoy Biscuit as much as we are…

MEET BISCUIT:

 

DSC_0006

 

DSC_0008

 

“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.…My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”

John 10:14-15, 27

 

No comments:

Post a Comment