August 10, 2012

Love Knows No Borders

 

God is so faithful in providing the things He promises to provide…although He never promised me company on this journey to Zambia, He did promise to take care of me and give me all that I need. Well this year I definitely needed good friends to come and visit to share in the joy of what God has done here and what He is continuing to do. I was first blessed with Rachel, who I didn’t know until we met at the airport, but now I can say that my life will never be the same after meeting such an extraordinary woman. Rachel and I had so much fun working together at the school, playing with the children at the orphanage, organizing things around camp, helping with the boys, watching Glee, and many other adventures God allowed us to have together. She was a huge blessing and light to have for the entire summer, I am very sad to see her go, but so excited to see how God will continue working in her life and maybe even bring her back next summer!! Thank you for everything Rachel!!

121_0463

Next came Karen and Rachel who are two amazing women seeking nothing more than what God has for their lives. They have traveled all over the world in the name of Christ, serving the nations as we are called to do! They go places most people wouldn’t want to go to for the lack of sanitation, cleanliness, and the high presence of despair…but they bring hope, light, and love into these dark, dirty places and allow God’s name be praised through it all. How I got so lucky to be in the presence of these two ladies, I have no idea, but God knew I needed their help and encouragement for a couple weeks. They were able to come out last year before the school was opened, so I can only imagine the excitement in their hearts as they saw the completed building, filled with supplies, children, and smiles a mile wide. They enjoyed playing with the children and setting up for the various activities we had going on that week. Karen and Rachel also worked very hard at painting most of the time they were here: they painted my window and door frames, the window and door frames at the school, Jako’s poles around his work area, the metal for an outdoor easel, and created some beautiful versus to hang on my walls in the house! Thank you so much for all your hard work and love you blessed me with!!

DSC_0469

The last visitor, but not in any ways the least, Georgia, joined us a couple days after Karen and Rachel arrived! As you can imagine my house was very full and my bedroom slept 5 God-fearing women, how lucky can I get?!?!?! In the past few years, Georgia has become so many things to me in my life: she is a friend, family, a mentor, a colleague, an employer, and a sister in Christ. She has motivated me and encouraged me in ways not many people can do in building up my confidence to trust God enough to open this preschool program through me. Georgia constantly reminds me of all the ways God has blessed me this way or that way, which proves how perfectly God arranged me being here in Zambia to work for His kingdom. Apart from coming to see all that God has done and to “check in on me”; Georgia came to connect with the children at the school. Many of her preschool children and families are now writing “World Friend” letters to my kids here in Mukamba, and it was her mission to remember all the names and faces of the children who had already captivated her heart months ago when she first received the letters and pictures. We had a great time and hope that once my school opens back up in September, we will be able to read all our letters and write responses to send back to America before the end of the year!!  Thank you Georgia for sharing all the love and compassion God has blessed you with…

No comments:

Post a Comment