February 10, 2012

Back in the Bush

IMG_3502

 

It seems like I have been back in the bush for months now, but it has only been a few weeks. It rained frequently  when we were gone so the roads were very wet and the grass has grown taller than most of the children. I found my house and the rest of camp just the way we left it…a bit unkempt and dirty, but all in one piece.

DSC_0197

 

The children at the house were all well fed and looking bright and happy. All of the children passed their current grades and then moved on to the next one. Our oldest is now in grade 8 hoping she will pass and then move to town to attend high school next year. We are noticing the boys are getting older and starting to act like teenagers…the toddlers are walking around everywhere and getting into things they shouldn’t be, but Jakob is thoroughly enjoying their company.DSC_0024

 

The moment I returned people were asking everyday when the school would be open. I still had lots to do in the week that I left myself to get ready before opening the program. Jako and I had to build the  stage, the dress-up rack, and cut down all the tables to the right size for the children. We worked very hard and even had the help of Francis since our planer was not working and Jako and I didn’t have enough experience with the hand planer to make it worth our while. Francis also made 20 stools for the children at the school and will hopefully help out with other things we might need built at the school. The community seems very excited about the program and wanting to be a part of it…I can only pray that I will be able to have the DSC_0017 mothers and fathers come and be part of their children’s education, what a miracle that would be.

 

We hope to open the program as soon as we return from Lusaka! Please be praying for the children, for the teachers, and that God will receive glory every moment from the opening of the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment