December 15, 2011

Across the Atlantic Once More…

 

December 6 I boarded a plane in Johannesburg to head back to the states for Christmas.  Committing to MOL, I had planned on not taking a trip home until April/May next year, but with the surprising news about Jeremiah (the new baby) I started considering coming home for the holidays way back in May.  The issue was up and down for awhile, then in October everything was solidified and I purchased a ticket.  Thankfully no one was expecting me, so I got to sneak back and slowly surprise people.  What a blessing it is to be welcomed home with open arms and smiling faces…thank you to everyone who greeted me with a hug and a word of excitement and encouragement.  It is so great to be here with the family and friends that God has provided for me.  For the first few days of being stateside, no one knew I was here, so I was able to hide out at my parents house and recover from the long flight and begin to wean myself back into western culture and civilization.  I must say I enjoy sleeping in my own bed, having heat on cold nights, driving on smooth roads, and being reunited with the body of Christ over here.  As a missionary, it is very easy for me to pour myself out and get so wrapped up in “doing” God’s work that I don’t take time to fill myself back up with the Word of God, just spending time with my Father.  I am looking forward to this break being a time of refreshment, rest, and reflection, so that I can better understand all that God has been teaching and showing me since sending me to Zambia.  I plan to be in the states until January 23, when I will board a plane and head back to South Africa to meet back up with Amber and Jako. 

 

DSC_0152

 

 

If you would like to get together while I am here, please contact me and we will make a plan!!

E-Mail:  a.lynne317@gmail.com

Cell:  240-691-8399

No comments:

Post a Comment