July 30, 2011

Sid Roth (Ultimate Promise Keeper)

 

“No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.”  Romans 4:20-21

IBC June 2011 725

Since I have moved here to Zambia, God has been teaching and showing me many things about him and how he is faithful. Just the fact that God provided a way for me to come, the means to come, and friends and family who have supported me the whole way is testimony enough to his greatness, power, and sovereignty. So when I saw a lunar rainbow in Livingstone, at one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the other month, I remembered God’s covenant with Noah, and since then I have been seeing how God consistently fulfills his promises, especially in my life.

In Jeremiah, God promises to give us a “hope and a future”; that his plans for us are always good and never for harm. I am still figuring out where my time here in Zambia fits into the bigger picture of my life, wondering how long I will be here, if God will call me elsewhere, when God will bless me with my husband, what impact he will allow me to have here in the community…and so on. In spite of all the holes and questions that I have running around in my mind, I don’t ever have to doubt that God’s plans are far better than my own and that he has me here to fulfill a purpose he created me for (Psalm 139).

In Isaiah, God promises to “never leave or forsake” us, to always be there in times of tribulation and times of joy. He reassures us that he is in control and wherever he calls us to go; he will not send us alone. Ever since I started my journey into missions, I can see where God walked right alongside of me…there were times when I was extremely ill, impatient, frustrated, scared, worried, not in control, confused, lacking in faith, and unfocused; but despite my disposition, God never let me do it alone, he was there to catch me when I fell, to heal me when I was sick, to hold my hand when I was scared, to calm me when I was out of control and unfocused, to give me his spirit of patience when my flesh was lacking it, and to never let me lose sight of the reason he had sent to me where I was serving.

Often we don’t understand why God is choosing to do things the way he is, but thankfully he has blessed us with his Spirit to give us the faith that we need to endure and keep following his footsteps even if we can’t see more than two feet in front of us! The rainbow is an amazing reminder of how careful God is to fulfill the promises he makes to each and every one of his children. Every promise he made to Adam, to Abraham, to David, to the Israelites, to his disciples, to Mary, to you, to me, and to so many others since he created us has come to pass or will come to pass in his perfect timing and plan!

God sent me here to begin a school and to use the gifts he has blessed me with to build up the community and to help the orphans, widows, children, and others in the community draw nearer to Christ; through discipleship, education, and building relationships.  I am grateful to have been reminded of his calling and the reassurance that God will always carry out the promises he makes to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment