May 10, 2011

Arrival

 

“Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, you are my Lord, I have no good apart from you.”

Psalm 16:1-2

clip_image004Well it is safe to say that I have made it into Zambia and am looking forward to the work that lies ahead of me. After spending a few days in South Africa, I was ready to head into the bush and see the orphans and house moms again. I had a warm welcoming from everyone I had met last summer on the short trip I took here, as well as, from Amber, Jako, and Jakob. It feels great to be back here in Africa serving in a place that God has given me a great passion for.clip_image002

In the next week, or so, a builder will start the brick work on my house, located directly across from Amber and Jako’s house. It will have enough space to house other female missionaries that travel through for various periods of time. God willing it will be ready by the time teams start arriving for the winter season.

clip_image006The second day we were back in the bush, Jako and I met with the builder for the school/education center. We decided that the space would best be used as one large classroom and a small storage room. This will allow us to use the school as an education center where we can offer bible studies, English classes, and after school tutoring. Please be praying for the building of the school and for the programs God wants us to offer to the community to better equip them and strengthen their relationship with Jesus Christ. There is a huge need for discipleship and ESL classes for the men and women in the surrounding villages; great opportunities to share the gospel.clip_image010

In order for me to stay here for two years, I need to obtain a work permit from the government. We went to file the paperwork in Lusaka and they never mentioned that I needed a police clearance report, so I got fingerprinted at the police headquarters and sent everything off to the FBI CJIS. We are praying that I get the results in 4-6 weeks and will be able to go back and file all the necessary paperwork.

clip_image008Since I have left America, God is showing me that he is in complete control of everything that is happening around me. I have given up any control I thought I had, to him, and I am constantly trusting in his plans and his will for my impact here in Zambia. So far, I am not sure if anything has gone according to my plan other than my departure date! He has been in control of my luggage, my arrival, my lodging, my work permit, my safety, my companionship, and most of all my heart. I fully believe that what he says in his word will come true and right now I am excited to see his plans revealed for me through Mission of Love and working here in the Mpapila Village. I am thankful that God has provided so many people to be a part of what he is doing here. Each of you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am excited to be serving alongside of you in God’s Kingdom.

“For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.””

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment