September 12, 2010

The Calling

“You did not choose me, but I chose and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.”             - John 15:16

My journey to Africa began two years ago when I participated in a 9-month missionary training program in South Africa and Swaziland.  Since then, God allowed me to go back twice, once to Kenya and once to Zambia.  With each trip God taught me more and more about who He is and who I am in Him.  He also has allowed me to fall in love with the people who live in these places and have compassion on them.  My heart is burdened for these people and I have hoped that God would allow me to one day do full time missions somewhere in Africa

This trip to Zambia was amazing in so many ways; however, the most significant part of the trip was the moment when God told me that I would be coming back to Africa very soon to serve Him there permanently.  The Lord began to reveal this to me through a conversation I had with a missionary there and continued to make His plan known to me through mediation on Him and words of encouragement from those who surrounded me. 

I am now seeking God’s will on where He can best use my gifts and talents to let people hear the “Good News”.  There is an opportunity for me to go back to Zambia to start and run a community school near the orphanage in the village we were in.  I would love to go support Mission of Love (Amber & Jako’s mission organization)  in serving “the local community in taking care of the vulnerable orphaned children; to bring the love of Jesus Christ and to introduce them to the Savior Christ (James 1:27).”  However, I know that God’s plans are far better than my own, so I am patiently waiting for Him to direct my feet down the path He wants me to take.  He will either confirm Zambia, or close that door and open another for me!  Once God has made the direction clear, I will begin raising support, and when God has provided monthly funds, I will be bound for Africa.

Prayer:
  • That I will be patient and content serving where God has me right now
  • That I will daily meditate on His word and listen for His voice
  • That He will continue to grow my faith and that I will allow Him to complete His work in me
  • That He will direct my feet down the path He has already prepared for me
  • For the continued presence of His Spirit in the place I will be going

1 comment:

  1. I subscribed to your feed (through Outlook) so that I can keep up with your blog! God is doing amazing things in your life ~ I will greatly enjoy following you and seeing where He takes you! May God bless you in your endeavor ~ I know you will be successful wherever He leads you by the clear presence of compassion you have for the missions field and the determination to follow His guidance!

    ReplyDelete